What I have learnt so far at university



Reverse outline

·      Topic sentence: I learned three major points in my last semester.
·      Point 1: The new atmosphere
·      Point 2: Lost determination, and responsibility
·      Point 3: Disappointed in people
·      Conclusion: Never giving it up, although you think you aren’t capable of achieve what you want!

“What I have learnt so far at university”

When we were at the end of our high school years, we did not realize that a whole new life is starting, and it is going to be a more different and harder part of our lifetime, with many positive and negative experiences, and memories which we are never going to forget. On 11th September I was one of the many freshmen who entered this building for the first time, with fear, hope, and uncertainty about this new type of life. In the first few weeks, I was very lost in this huge building with many classrooms and confusing corridors. I was late for nearly every lesson, and I did not feel comfortable with my fellow students. There were two or three people who were kind, friendly, and I could talk with them, but, unfortunately, we were not in the same classes and the others were very shy and reserved. I am a sociable, talkative person who loves meeting other people and building friendships but this time it seemed to me that it was hopeless. The lessons were boring (now I think the opposite), I could not focus, I missed what the teacher said, and I was not interested in the answers. When the final week came I had very bad marks, and I was so stressed, exhausted, because I tried to save my semester during the last weeks. At that time I completely changed my attitude towards the school and decided that I am going to be as hardworking, enthusiastic, mature, and punctual as I can be. When the oral exams started, the students were completely different; they were friendlier and lively. We crossed our fingers for the others who were taking the exams at that moment. I have learned in the past semester that I have to work for my success and it is not as easy as I thought. I learnt that I have to arrive on time for classes, do the homework, pay attention to the teacher, make notes, and most importantly not judge people for the first time without knowing them.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hungarian education system - Nils Holgerssons

Recognizing lies through nonverbal communication - Cseh Szabina

Black of the Night or Nature's Green? Health Effects of Green and Black Tea