My aims in 2018 (outline)

Introduction: We always have aims to work for.
Topic sentence: My aims in 2018 are the following
Thesis: Wishes and goals to reach
Support 1: language learning
Support 2: playing musical instruments
Support 3: learning how to cook
Conclusion: Find the balance.

My aims in 2018

We all set goals for the New Year, but the question is whether we can make them real. My experience is I cannot, at least not yet, but I always have aims to work for. I make a list on New Year’s Eve of different dreams, wishes and goals that I would like to reach. My aims in 2018 are the following. Firstly, I would like to improve my Spanish, because I have learnt it in high school which was a good start. Unfortunately, it was not enough for me to speak the language. Moreover, I would like to start learning Italian, because these two languages are quite close to each other and it might be easier to learn Italian after learning Spanish. Secondly, I would like to practice playing the guitar and the piano, because these two are my favourite musical instruments. Furthermore, I am not an expert or a professional and we can always be better. Thirdly, I would like to start cooking and learn everything from my mother, because I feel it is a shame that I cannot cook or bake anything at my age. Unfortunately, nowadays I do not have time for that or for my hobbies. However, it is also possible that I am not determined enough. Finally, my biggest and constant goal is to be a better and wiser person than I was yesterday. I feel that we are neither ready nor perfect. I would like to widen my horizon and my way of thinking. Obviously, we all have a lot to do in our lives. Accuracy and punctuality are required and we all have trials every day. In our society we cannot make mistakes or fail. In my opinion, we should make a balance between the expectations made of us and what makes us happy. We should live for our dreams and our happiness. Life means nothing if we are neither happy nor satisfied. However, we cannot be happy if we do not make our dreams come true. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hungarian education system - Nils Holgerssons

Recognizing lies through nonverbal communication - Cseh Szabina

Black of the Night or Nature's Green? Health Effects of Green and Black Tea